Resolving SEO technical factors can be overwhelming sometimes, technical SEO is simply the process of improving the technical aspects of a website in order to increase the ranking of its web pages in the search engines. Preparing an on page optimization checklist is always recommended as it’s the most important step in improving elements on your website to get higher rankings.
On page optimization checklist for Google Search Engine
- Importance of meta description – Google takes the first 100 or150 texts from your body, and may not add your keyphrase to it. Research shows that most top results have meta description with keywords or keyphrase included to it to increase CTR.
- Important of heading tags (H1 and H2) – Research shows that HTML heading tags, especially H1 and H2 helps Google rank your page and make users read and navigate easily. Try to add these tags (include keywords in it) in between 150 to 200 words. Brand factors, SEO Visibility can be massively affected by the use of these tags, and result in a site with high SEO visibility leads no matter what.
On page optimization checklist on how to improve Domain SEO Visibility score or Domain authority.
You can use search metrics or smallseotools.com to check:
- Number of backlinks from a high authority domain
- Direct name search (search volume of a domain).
Understand and use keywords in your domain name:
- EMD – Exact match domain;
- PMD – partial match domain
Note that it is more important to create a new brand instead of buying a domain name that already contains keywords in it. Doing this will help you attain high SEO Visibility.
It is important to include SSL (simply secure HTTPS) in your domain, as it is also part of ranking in the Google search engine.
On page optimization checklist for Page Contents
- Research for the search volume of your domain name by using keyword planner tools like Google Adwords, then compare more domains. When your domain has high domain authority, you can rank for almost any keyword you want to rank for.
- The ratio of website homepage in search results – Do you know that when you search for a particular domain name or keyword, only the first search result link directly to the homepage, Other results from the query links to other content pages that have answers to the website. Therefore include unique contents and keywords to your homepage (default page of every website).
- Research shows that a “.com, .net, .org” extension of a domain name has no influence on ranking. But I still recommend “.com” because most users tend to use shortcut buttons for browsers like [Ctrl + Return (Enter)] to do a quick visit to websites, and the browser automatically includes the “.com” extension to the word.
- Usage of flash contents – This has no influence but increases file sizes and Google search results.
- URL Length – This does not need many keywords, but always add keywords related term, instead of unnecessary characters. Make it simple and short.
- File sizes and page speed – File size has no influence on Google Search but page speed does. To check and optimize your page speed, use Google PageSpeed Insight to compare mobile and desktop site speed. If after the webpage test, you get your percentage in green color, you’re good to go because what matters is the load time which should be in “2” seconds.
- Use CDN – CDN is the answer for latency. This is not really necessary for SEO but I still recommend Cloudflare.