Yahoo Finance is a website that provides information relating to finance. Not just that, it also offers real-time stock quotes, stock research and historical stock charts. Yahoo Finance stocks help to track your selected stocks. Tracking here means that you are following its price. Doing this helps you to understand how the stock prices move.
Beforehand, you must have created a stock portfolio. A stock portfolio is an arrangement or collection of stocks that you invest in with the hope of making a profit. Doing this protects you from huge losses if one of the stocks takes a hit.
How to build a stock portfolio
To build a stock portfolio, follow these easy steps below:
- Visit the Yahoo Finance website.
- Click on “My Portfolio”, then “Create New Portfolio”.
- Then, on the pop-up screen, enter a name for your new portfolio and the right currency.
- Add a ticker name or symbol in the pop-up window.
- Click on the company to add to your portfolio.
After building the portfolio, let me guide you on how to track stocks.
Tracking stocks using Yahoo Finance
Visit Yahoo Finance Stocks
Yahoo provides free stock tracking but you have to sign into your yahoo account. Signing in is easy: You have to enter your first and last name, email address, phone number, date of birth and password. After that, you can log in and begin viewing Yahoo finance stock quotes.
Making a Watch list
If you are to beginning to research stocks, you start by creating a watch list. The watch list helps you to watch or track the stocks you choose. I will describe how to make a watch list at a later stage.
Build a portfolio
After you’ve bought your stocks, you should build a portfolio. You can track your stocks separately under the “My portfolio” section of Yahoo finance.
Type in your trade information
Type in the specifics of your trade information by clicking on “Add Lot ” under the “Lot Value” column. From there, you can enter information like how much you paid for the stock and on what date. If you made multiple purchases, click on “Add Another Lot” to provide additional data. After your actual trade information is in your portfolio, Yahoo Finance stocks will report your profit and loss on a real-time basis.
Customize your settings
Once you give a name to your portfolio or watch list, you can customize your setting through the “Custom View” link on the far right of the page. From here, you get to choose from a list of ways to display your stocks.
How to create a Watch List
Making a watch list is essential when you want to track your stocks.
- Go to the Yahoo Finance page.
- Click on ” My portfolio”, then “My Watchlist” then “Add symbol”.
- Enter the ticker symbols of any stocks you want to track e.g. AAPL for Apple or FB for Facebook
- If you don’t know the symbol, just type in the company name. Yahoo finance will find the symbol for you.
- Click on the stock names as they appear in the Yahoo Finance window. When you select a stock, it appears in your Watchlist.
The Yahoo Finance stocks is very helpful to businessmen and women in the world. It is a very easy way to ascertain your financial position. You can sit in comfort and still be working very hard with the help of this website. The Yahoo finance page also links you to news and videos about personal finance and technology to markets and industries.
If this article was helpful to you in any way, please share with your friends.